Himalaya: Listen. Learn. Grow.
The Food Medic
On this episode, Dr Hazel sits down with Anita Bean - Registered Nutritionist specialising in sports nutrition, published author (of 29 books!), and former British bodybuilding champion. Anita is also the nutritionist for the London Marathon and Good Housekeeping.
In this episode they cover:
- The benefits of a plant based diet for health and performance
- Nutrients that are a bit more tricky to obtain from a plant based diet.
- Good plant-based protein sources and meeting protein requirements.
- Low carbohydrate diets in athletes.
- Gut issues in athletes following a plant based diet.
- Plant based examples of what to eat before, during, and after exercise.
- Carb-loading before an endurance event.
- Hydration and electrolyte replacement.