Himalaya: Listen. Learn. Grow.
The Art of Parenting
Are you craving for a calm flow to your day? Listen in to find out how you can create a peaceful rhythm to yours.
A few months ago I invited Eloise to share her work on the podcast, little did we know how timely this conversation would be.
What we talked about:
- Parenting ourselves to be the parent our children need us to be
- Asking the important questions of what are our values and what we want to pass on to our children
- Learning to have empathy for our own parents
- What it means to be a Mighty Mother
- How her year of maternity leave (lucky to be living in the UK) led her on a wild journey of discovery
- Her own childhood experience of being home educated
- Crunching the numbers once the maternity leave was over to be able to stay home with her daughter
- How our global crisis is making us re-evaluate our fast pace life
- The difference between routines and rhythm and how to set a peaceful and respectful one in your home
- How to properly communicate with our partners about our different parenting choices
- The exciting news of her first book being published
Things to Remember
“Parenting is about ourselves, much more then it is our lovely children.” - Eloise Rickman
“Make the moments you are regularly spending together memorable.” - Eloise Rickman
“Parent ourselves, to be the parents our children need us to be.” - Eloise Rickman