Himalaya: Listen. Learn. Grow.
The Art of Parenting
Are you wanting to have a better understanding of your child’s feeding preferences? Listen in to find out how you can be an attuned parent when it comes to feeding.
I reached out to Natalia to better understand what all the fuss about picky eaters was. She’s a pediatric dietitian living in the UK with her 3 daughters. I learned a lot and hope you do too.
Once you've listened if you have any questions come ask them in my FB podcast group.
What we talked about:
- Her own journey with her firstborn being a picky eater and how that changed her life forever.
- What exactly is ‘responsive feeding’
- Creating a healthy relationship with food
- Taking the opportunity to have a structure in the feedings and enjoy meals as a family
- Skipping meals is ok
- An example of setting limits
- Checking in to better understand why our child is asking for food at odd times
- Snack as a boost of nutrition
- Establishing specific times and place for eating a snack
- The joys of having your child cook for you
- The separation of responsibility when it comes to mealtime
- Trust those selective eaters get all the nutrients they need.
- The different factors of food aversion
- Keeping a food log of what they like and don’t and their reaction to certain foods, it can tell you a lot.
Things to Remember
“A beautiful dance between establishing the limits and allowing the child to explore within those limits.” - Natalia Stasenko
“A lot of the times it’s not about the food at all.” - Natalia Stasenko
“Cooking together is a bonding experience and so much more.” - Natalia Stasenko