Himalaya: Listen. Learn. Grow.
The Art of Parenting
Do you wonder how to get out of feeling like a martyr when it comes to parenting? Listen in to find the answers to this dilemma.
Excited to share a fun conversation I had with KJ a few months ago, we compared notes and shares on what it takes for us to be happier as parents.
What we talked about:
- Her journey and discoveries as a parenting journalist
- How she was perplexed with the complaining and martyrdom culture of western parenting
- The importance of having your children see you having fun
- Limiting your heavy involvement and foster independence
- Looking at the details that bring joy
- Spotting the lions
- Children need for disappointed
- The burden parents experience helping their children do homework
- Protecting your time and deciding you deserve to have time to yourself
- Raising good college roommates
Things to Remember
“Being an adult can and should be a fun and joyful thing.” - KJ Dell'Antonia
“It starts with deciding you deserve to have your time.” - KJ Dell'Antonia
“The moment to start getting your child to help around the house is right this minute. The time to stop asking them is never.” KJ Dell'Antonia