Himalaya: Listen. Learn. Grow.
The Art of Parenting
Are you wanting a better education for your child? Listen in to find out the difference around the world and what we can learn from these.
As a person who has been exposed to different education cultures as a child, I was excited to speak to Teru of her experience as a mother educating three children in a variety of cultures. Listen in to learn the differences and how we can improve in the US.
What we talked about:
- Her experience raising children in Shanghai, HongKong, Tokyo, and California
- How we can improve our schools in the US
- Equitable funding of schools, giving access to quality education regardless of socio-economic background
- Recruiting and retaining teachers by creating a serious career path
- Her discoveries visiting schools across the US
- Her perspective on the Japanese approach to raising independent children early on
- Her personal approach to raising multilingual children
Things to Remember
“Our teachers should not be made martyrs.” – Teru Clavel
“An equitable funding model is giving everybody access to quality education regardless of their socio-economic background.” – Teru Clavel