Himalaya: Listen. Learn. Grow.
Emerge: Making Sense of What's Next
Jamie Bristow joins the show to respond to critiques against the mindfulness revolution and to make the case for mindfulness as a key metamodern cultural technology.
Jamie is Director of The Mindfulness Initiative, the world's first policy institute about mindfulness. Jamie now works with politicians around the world to help them make capacities of mind and heart serious considerations of public policy.
Topics discussed include:
- A snapshot of the current state of the mindfulness revolution,
- where we are at in the ‘hype cycle’ of mindfulness,
- a response to the current crop of critiques of mindfulness and in particular Ronald Pursers ‘McMindfulness’ critique,
- how mindfulness allows us to rescue our attention the clutches of the attention merchants,
- the attentional capacities of mindfulness as fundamental ground for mass action and civil disobedience in the 21st century,
- the symmetry between mindfulness and the concept of Sovereignty as promoted by Jordan Greenhall and Daniel Scmachtenberger,
- and what might be available at the deeper end of practice... �
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/emerge/support