Himalaya: Listen. Learn. Grow.
Create Your Now Archive 3 with Kristianne Wargo
Fitness is essential for your overall wellness. Let's focus on how flexibility benefits your health.
The purpose of flexibility training helps with daily functional needs.
Desire to be supported and encourage by other like-minded women? Join us at Women of IMPACT. http://facebook.com/groups/thewomenofimpact
With an increase in sedentary lifestyles, it is essential that you maintain flexibility. Otherwise, as you age, your flexibility will deteriorate and the simple, daily activities will become a chore.
That's not something any of us want to accept.
Let's expand on the purpose of flexibility. You can enhance your performance in resistance training and aerobic training. Science supports that injury decreases with flexibility training and allows for a greater ROM (range of motion). You also become more in tune with your body.
Benefits of Flexibility Training:
- Reduces stress in your muscles worked during exercise.
- Releases the build-up of tension during exercise.
- Helps to improve posture.
- Reduces the risk of injury.
- Improves your overall strength as it increases your ROM.
How often do you perform flexibility training? DAILY
How long (the duration) do you need to practice flexibility? 5-10 minutes
How hard is flexibility training? Will it hurt? Stretching should not be painful. You will experience discomfort or feel a little uncomfortable. But the tightness will release. If you feel pain, you should NOT be stretching!
TYPES of STRETCHING:
- Static Stretching: specific to an area; hold the position for 20 seconds, rest 20 seconds, then repeat 2x.
- Dynamic Stretching: it's the full ROM of an area.It warms up the joints, maintains flexibility, and reduces muscle stress and tension.
The K.I.S.S. ~ Add flexibility training into your fitness routine!
Guidelines for Flexibility Training:
- Go slow. Work within your limits.
- Breathe deeply. Slow and steady.
- Focus on each muscle. Feel the tension and stress release.
- Modify to fit your ability.
- Connect the training with your meditation.
TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation - This is a complimentary coaching call with me. You will be able to discuss your specific situation and gain tools and strategies to move you forward.
Live. Love. IMPACT!
"One step at a time leads to miles of greatness!"
Wanting help with goals, setting your schedule, or need someone to talk to (even if you don't know what you need)? It's time you TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation. This is FREE for you. Stop trying to do it by yourself. Put YOU first! Become your best selfie so you can live your life's purpose.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Ready to shine your light and tell your story. Please click on MY STRENGTH IS MY STORY. Here you can submit yourself to appear on the podcast or make recommendations as who you would like to hear. This is going to be a beautiful series!
Click here for ANDROID Users / GOOGLE https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tv.periscope.android
Click here for APPLE Users https://itunes.apple.com/app/id972909677
Contact me at YourBestSelfie@CreateYourNow.com
Read more from Kristianne, a contributor to The Huffington Post, MindBodyGreen, Thrive Global, Addicted2Succes, and She Owns It.
DOMESTIC BEAUTIES (Announcements)
2. Create Your Now ~ Your Best Selfie can be heard on iHeart Radio!
3. Create Your Now Archive 1 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive1
4. Create Your Now Archive 2 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive2
5. NEW Website! Go check it out and tell me what you think. http://www.createyournow.com
7. Schedule a Discovery Call. This is a free 30-45 minute call for those serious about coaching with me.
Music by Mandisa - Overcomer
Cover Art by Jenny Hamson