Himalaya: Listen. Learn. Grow.
Create Your Now ~ Your Best Selfie with Kristianne Wargo
Exercise is vital to your overall health. But with any workout, you can experience sore muscles. Don't slow your healthy lifestyle. Learn how to relieve sore muscles and stay active.
Intentional movement has many benefits from improving your heart health and to building strong bones and muscles.
But with anything new, there is a learning curve. Not only does your body have to learn to move or carry weight a certain way, it also has to accept the fact that improving your health might result in sore muscles.
Who wants to feel sore after a workout?
Most are willing to live off the endorphins which you gain from a workout. But pain!
That doesn't seem fair in healthy living. However, there are benefits of soreness. You are growing and getting stronger muscles.
Don't be afraid to be a little sore. Instead, aim for healthy sore!
The K.I.S.S. ~ Aim for healthy sore!
Some experience acute soreness; the muscles that ache about 12 hours after a workout. And DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) can peak 24-48 hours after a workout. This is a common result of your physical activity due to the fact that you are working your muscles the way they're not used to.
The pain you feel comes from the torn muscle fibers and inflammation.
There are many ways to treat sore muscles.
- Over-the-counter anti-inflammatory pain medication like ibuprofen. (Always consult your physician or medical provider.)
- Ice or cold shower
There are some ways to lessen the amount of soreness so you don't have to be super sore, just a healthy sore.
- Warm-up with dynamic stretching (fast walk, light jog, biking, high knees, straight leg lateral swing, bent knee lateral swing)
- Drink lots of water throughout the day
- Stretch before and after the workout
- Work within your strength limits
- Use proper technique for EVERY movement
- Cool down with static stretching
- Listen to your body
Your sore muscles do not have to be your excuse to not working out. Get your intentional movement in by taking care of your muscles pre-workout and post-workout.
"Train for life. Love your journey!"
#WellnessWednesday #CreateYourNow #HealthAndWellness
TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation - This is a complimentary (FREE) coaching call with me. You will be able to discuss your specific situation and gain tools and strategies to move you forward.
Live. Love. IMPACT!
"One step at a time leads to miles of greatness!"
Subscribe to Create Your Now TV on YouTube.
Wanting help with goals, setting your schedule, or need someone to talk to (even if you don't know what you need)? It's time you TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation. This is FREE for you. Stop trying to do it by yourself. Put YOU first! Become your best selfie so you can live your life's purpose.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Ready to shine your light and tell your story. Please click on MY STRENGTH IS MY STORY. Here you can submit yourself to appear on the podcast or make recommendations as to who you would like to hear. This is going to be a beautiful series!
Subscribe to Create Your Now TV on YouTube.
Listen to Create Your Now on Spotify.
The Create Your Now Archives are LIVE!! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive1 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive2 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive3 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive4 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive5 and http://bit.ly/CYNarchive6
Contact me at YourBestSelfie@CreateYourNow.com
Click here for ANDROID Users / GOOGLE https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tv.periscope.android
Read more from Kristianne, a contributor to The Huffington Post, MindBodyGreen, Thrive Global, Addicted2Succes, and She Owns It.
DOMESTIC BEAUTIES (Announcements)
2. Create Your Now ~ Your Best Selfie can be heard on iHeart Radio, Spotify, and Pandora!
3. Create Your Now Archive 1 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive1
4. Create Your Now Archive 2 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive2
5. Create Your Now Archive 3 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive3
6. Create Your Now Archive 4 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive4
7. Create Your Now Archive 5 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive5
8. Create Your Now Archive 6 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive6
9. NEW Website! Go check it out and tell me what you think. http://www.createyournow.com
11. Schedule a Discovery Call. This is a free 30-45 minute call for those serious about coaching with me.
Cover Art by Jenny Hamson
Photo by Jonathan Borba on Pexels.com
Music by Mandisa - Overcomer
Song ID: 68209
Song Title: Overcomer
Writer(s): Ben Glover, Chris Stevens, David Garcia
Copyright 2013 Meaux Mercy (BMI) Moody Producer Music (BMI)
9t One Songs (ASCAP) Ariose Music (ASCAP) Universal Music -
Brentwood Benson Publ. (ASCAP) D Soul Music (ASCAP) (adm. at CapitolCMGPublishing.com) All rights reserved. Used by permission.