Himalaya: Listen. Learn. Grow.
Nature's Call: Backpacking Through History
I count down the Top 11 place I want to go backpacking – hopefully giving you plenty of ideas for your bucket list.
ERL Guidebook available for download now. It’s 33% off until the end of the year!
The Backpacking Bucket List:
11. Buffalo River – This is in Arkansas and I’ve been saying I want to do it forever, but I keep going back to the ERL.
10. John Muir Trail – It’s named after the big JM AND it’s in the Sierras. I don’t need to convince you.
9. Appalachian Trail – The OG thru-hike. Gotta do it.
8. Yosemite’s Camp 4 and Half Dome – We’ve talked about it on the show more times than anything else. So. Much. History. Get your permits early.
7. Pacific Crest Trail – My “if-I-only-get-one-thru-hike” trail of choice.
6. Havasupai – Dat teal waterfall tho.
5. Uluru – IN A THUNDERSTORM. Beautiful red sandstone in the middle of the Australian Outback.
4. Macchu Picchu – Take the Salkantay Trail all the way into the clouds.
3. Everest Base Camp – and no further. We want to camp at the base of the most dangerous trek in the world… and then leave to tell about it.
2. Son Doong – The LARGEST cave system in the world.
1. Italian Alps – living the chateau life (it’s barely backpacking). Again, so much history.
REI Gift Options:
* Co-Op Beanies (ski // knit)
* Holiday Flask
* REI Flash 18
* The Completely Unnecessary Growler